romanian transport system
The national RO e-Transport monitoring system involves an exchange of information with the IT systems used by each enterprise and the RO E-Transport system (managed by the Ministry of Finance, through the National Agency for Fiscal Administration).
What is the RO e-Transport system?
Romanian companies transporting items or products deemed to have a significant fiscal risk are required to utilize the new E-Transport system. This system tracks road traffic in order to bolster the collection of taxes and fees, combat illicit trade, and ensure fair competition and fiscal equity. The RO E-Transport system was designed to provide and regulate economic mechanisms and fiscal policies, ultimately promoting a more secure and equitable economic environment.
Starting on March 1, 2024, besides the initial list of goods, the following will be added:
• Edible meat and organs, which fall under the NC codes from 0201 to 0210 inclusive
• Fish and crustaceans, molluscs, and other aquatic invertebrates, which fall under the NC codes 0302, 0304, and 0306
• Milk and dairy products; Bird eggs; Natural honey; Edible products of animal origin, not specified or included elsewhere, which fall under the NC (HS) codes from 0401 to 0407 inclusive and 0409
• Unprocessed or unmanufactured tobacco; tobacco waste, which falls under NC code 2401
• Other processed tobacco and substitutes; “homogenized” or “reconstituted” tobacco; tobacco extracts and essences, which fall under NC code 2403
• Products containing tobacco, reconstituted tobacco, nicotine or substitutes for tobacco or nicotine, intended for inhalation without combustion; other products containing nicotine intended for nicotine absorption in the human body, which fall under the NC code 2404
Types of goods transport with high fiscal risk (from the territory of Romania) that are subject to the stipulations include:
- the transport of goods from intra-community purchases and deliveries;
- the transport of goods from imports and exports;
- transport of goods between two locations located on the Romanian territory;
- the transport of goods originating from intra-community transactions in transit on Romanian territory.
Companies must declare, via the RO E-Transport system, the transportation of the following goods within Romania’s borders:
- Edible vegetables, plants, roots and tubers falling within CN codes 0701 to 0714 inclusive
- Ediible fruits, peel of citrus fruits or melons, falling within CN codes 0801 to 0814 inclusive
- Beverages, alcoholic liquids and vinegar** falling within CN codes 2201 to 2208 inclusive
- Salt, sulfur, soils and stones, plaster, lime and cement, falling within CN codes 2505 and 2517
- Knitted or crocheted clothing and clothing accessories falling within CN codes 6101 to 6117 inclusive
- Clothing and clothing accessories, other than knitted or crocheted, falling within CN codes 6201 to 6212 inclusive and CN codes 6214 to 6217 inclusive
- Footwear, boots and similar items, parts of these articles falling within CN codes 6401 to 6405 inclusive
- Cast iron, iron and steel, falling within CN codes 7213 and 7214
The measure also takes into account any transport conducted with road vehicles on Romanian territory that have a maximum authorized weight of at least 3.5 tons, which are loaded with goods of a high fiscal risk, with a total gross weight greater than 500 kg or a total value of the transport exceeding 10,000 RON associated with at least one commercial transaction that is the subject of the transport.
RO e-Transport system uses the following informational circuit:
- The transport declaration must be filled in with the following information: the consignor, recipient, name, characteristics, quantities, and counter value of the goods being transported, the loading and unloading places, and details on the means of transport used.
- This data is gathered from a range of specialized IT systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Transport Management System, and Warehouse Management System.
- Once the information has been filled in and transmitted to ANAF in the required format, and all necessary validations have been met, a unique transport code (UIT) is generated.
How does it work with our automated platform?
It is recommended to automate the processes for both the collection of data necessary for the transmission of transport declarations and the retrieval, registration, and utilization of unique transport codes in order to focus on operational business flows and to avoid the need for additional human resources for the new data flow.
The complexity of information flows is significantly greater for companies that outsource their transportation and warehousing logistics to 3PL providers. Automation is essential in this situation to ensure operational efficiency and speed.
In short, automating the transfer of information enables companies obligated to use RO E-Transport to streamline their operations, eliminating delays and even preventing the disruption of goods delivery.
DocProcess - the smart solution for the implementation of the RO E-Transport system
Romanian companies that choose to utilize the digital solution provided by DocProcess gain access to a streamlined and intelligent system, designed to meet the needs of businesses in Romania and engineered for efficiency, speed, and accessibility through automation.
The benefits of using the DocProcess platform are:
- Regardless of the file format of the necessary documents (notices, invoices, etc.), data collection is automated through any available connection (AS2, SFTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- If certain data cannot be collected automatically, they can also be entered manually via a web interface.
- All collected data are converted to meet the requirements of RO e-Transport, such as the format of the required fields (units of measure, countries, etc.) and the format sent for each transport declaration sent to ANAF (XML, UBL, etc.).
- The DocProcess platform performs the same checks as ANAF (structure, syntax, etc.) before the data is sent to RO e-Transport, ensuring that all data entered is correct. If errors are detected, detailed alerts are generated to quickly resolve the issues and retransmit the data.
- The UIT code generated by the RO e-Transport system is quickly sent to companies in PDF or XML format, as well as in numerical format for manual completion on the transport document.
- If transport and storage services are outsourced, the DocProcess platform facilitates simple, fast, and secure data transfer between companies, logistics service providers, and ANAF
- Our platform automates the flow of information between employees or representatives of logistics, transport, and storage services companies, for any complex situation such as organizing multiple transport routes, cross-docking operations, or unloading and loading products before reaching the final destination.